RULES AND REGULATIONS
- All Yoma Yangon International Marathon 2019 participants must submit their registration and entry fee payment online through the web application or event website: www.yomayangonmarathon.com
- Registration is only confirmed upon successful payment and issuance of a confirmation email.
- Participants who register at the on-site office must fill all fields on the manual registration form and submit the completed form with entry fee payment to the YYIM working personnel on-site, no other forms of registration are allowed.
- Upon successful registration, there will be no refund of entry fees for any reason.
- The Race Organiser shall not be responsible for any disputes arising from incomplete entry details.
- The Race Organiser reserves the right to limit and refuse entries without assigning any reasons thereof.
- The Participant agrees to provide true, accurate, current and complete information about the Participant contained in the registration form (the “Personal Information”). The Race Organiser may contact the Participant from time to time by email/phone call. Any notice sent to the email address registered with the Race Organiser shall be deemed as received by the Participant.
- If the Participant provides any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, or if the Race Organiser has grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, the Race Organiser may suspend or terminate the Participant’s registration and refuse any and all future use of the Official Website (or any parts thereof).
- No changes to registration details once registration is completed.
- All race entries are based on a first-come first-served basis unless otherwise stated.
- Each individual is only allowed to participate in one competitive category.
- A participant must be 16 years and above on Dec 31, 2019 to participate in either the Half Marathon or Full Marathon category.
- A participant must be 12 years and above on Dec 31, 2019 to participate in either the 10KM Challenge category.
- A participant must be 10 years and above for the YOMA 3KM Fun Run category. Kids under 10 years old are to be accompanied by an adult
- Any Participant below the age of 18 is required to seek parental/guardian consent and complete the relevant indemnity form when registering online, failing which the Race Organiser reserves the right to refuse entry to that Participant.
- Any participant below the age of 18 must submit the signed indemnity form during the Race Entry Pack Collection, failing which the Race Organiser reserves the right to refuse entry to that participant.
Participants can choose to participate in the following race categories:
Full Marathon (42.195KM) Women’s Open
Full Marathon (42.195KM) Men’s Open
Half Marathon (21.1KM) Women’s Open
Half Marathon (21.1KM) Men’s Open
10KM Women’s Open
10KM Men’s Open
YOMA 3KM Fun Run
Race Entry Pack Collection
- All Participants must collect their race entry pack (the “Race Entry Pack”) which includes the race bib, timing device, Event Singlet, and other novelties at the Race Entry Pack Collection location (“REPC”) during the collection period (“Collection Period”), of which details will be stated on the Official Website. If Participants are unable to collect their Race Entry Pack in person, they may authorize a representative in accordance with the procedure detailed on the Official Website.
- Late collection will not be entertained and the Race Organiser shall not be liable for any other loss or inconvenience caused, due to Participants’ inability to collect their Race Entry Pack. For avoidance of doubt, the Race Organiser is not obliged to extend the collection period or to ensure that a Participant receives his or her Race Entry Pack. At all times, it is the responsibility of the Participant to collect his or her Race Entry Pack during the Collection Period. Race Entry Packs not collected during the Collection Period will be deemed to be unwanted, and the Race Organiser shall be at liberty to dispose or re-distribute them accordingly.
Race Day - General
- All registered runners are solely responsible for their personal possessions and athletic equipment during the Event and its related activities.
- The RaceOrganiserwill not be responsible for any loss and/or damage, personal or otherwise, to the belongings and items deposited at the baggage deposit facility. The Race Organiser also reserves the right to open and examine any item or baggage deposited for security purpose.
- Only registered runners wearing their assigned Bib Number will be allowed on the race course. Race Bibs are strictly non-transferable. The RaceOrganiserreserves the right to disqualify and/or refuse entry into the start pen for entries that had been transferred.
- The Race Bib MUST be centrally positioned at the front of the race tee and MUST be worn throughout the entire race. The Bib NumberMUST be visible at all times. The form on the reverse side of the Participant’s race bib must be fully and accurately completed. Do not cut or fold or deface the Race Bib with stickers, markers or any writing on it, doing so will result in a disqualification.
- Race Timings will be recorded using theMY LAPSTiming Chip, an electronic chip that is attached to the back of the Race Bib (Available for 10km and Half and Full marathon runners only). Race Timings will not be recorded for the YOMA 3KM Fun Run participants as it is not a timed race category.
- Runners are to use their Timing Chip correctly. Runners who wear the Timing Chips incorrectly (or not at all), or if they are not recorded at one of the mats, will not be able to receive their finishing timings or results (Available for 10km and Half and Full marathon runners only). The Timing Chip is not applicable to YOMA 3KM Fun Runparticipentsas it is not a timed race category.
- Participants are strongly encouraged to seed themselves into the start pen according to their projected pace. The faster runners should be at the front and slower runners should be at the back.
- Race timings will still be issued to the foresaid Participants (“DQ” would be indicated in the timing issued). They will NOT be issued their e-Certificate of Participation as they will be deemed disqualified. The e-Certificate of Participation is not applicable to YOMA 3KM Fun Runparticipentsas it is not a timed race category.
- Registered Runners who missed the flag-off time of their category will not be allowed to participate and will automatically be disqualified from the race. No refund will be offered to registered runners who missed their race flag-off.
- Wheeled devices including, but not limited to, jogging strollers, walking strollers, roller blades, bicycles, scooters, wheelchairs and skateboards, are not permitted on the course, except for official race and medical vehicles
- Pets (horses, dogs, cats or other animals) will not be allowed on the course and race site or village on race day.
- The RaceOrganiserreserves the right to remove any participant deemed, in the Race Organiser’s sole discretion, physically incapable of continuing with the race to prevent him/her from causing greater harm or injury to himself/herself or others.
- The RaceOrganiserreserves the right to make any amendments to the race route that is deemed necessary for reasons of safety or requests made by local authority, police or any emergency service.
- The RaceOrganiserreserves the right to delay the commencement of the race in the event of inclement weather. Should inclement weather persist after a delayed start, the Race Organiser reserves the right to cancel the race in the Race Organiser’s sole discretion without further obligation and without any refund.
- Registered Runners who accept any assistance from any other person may be disqualified. Protests related to actions of any race official or runner will be accepted only in written form. Verbal protests will not receive responses. All decisions of the RaceOrganiser are binding.
- Registered runners are to complete their respective races within the following cut-off times; otherwise they will be deemed disqualified. Should they be allowed to continue after the cut-off time, the RaceOrganisercannot guarantee their safety.
42.195KM Full Marathon (6.5 hours)
- 16KM – 7.30am
- 24KM – 8.45am
- 31KM – 9.45am
- 36KM – 10.40am
21.1KM Half Marathon (4 hours)
- 11KM – 7.30am
10KM Challenge (2 hours)
*NOTE: The staggered cut-off times at selected sections of the roads are for the safety of our runners.
- All prize winner of 42.195km Full Marathon, 21.1km Half Marathon and 10km Challenge are subjected to the random selection anti-doping test conducted by National Doping Control Centre, Mahidol University, Thailand.
- Participant tested positive of the presence of a prohibited substance or its metabolites or markers in its sample will be disqualified and barred from future edition of Yoma Yangon International Marathon.
- National Doping Control Centre, Mahidol University, Thailand test for the presence of substances, drugs, medications and methods listed on the Prohibited List
- It is the participant’s responsibility to ensure that no prohibited substance, drug or medication enter his or her body. Not knowing they have taken something is not excusable under the Rules & Regulations
- The use or attempted use of a prohibited substance or method by a participant will be disqualified and barred from future edition of Yoma Yangon International Marathon
- A participant need not have succeeded in using a prohibited substance or method, if sufficient evidence has been presented to show that the participant has attempted to use the prohibited substance or method, he or she will be disqualified and barred from future edition of Yoma Yangon International Marathon
- Any participants found in possession of prohibited substances or methods, will be disqualified, even if they have not take the substance or used the method.
- If any participant needs to take a prohibited substance or use a prohibited method for health reasons, they must submit the relevant documentation before the Race Day and apply for a Health Reason Exemption.
- Refusal or failure to submit to the anti-doping test without compelling justification will result in the participant been disqualified and barred from future edition of Yoma Yangon International Marathon.
- Any participant found to be tampering or interfering with the anti-doping test process will be disqualified and barred from future edition of Yoma Yangon International Marathon.
- Registered Runners will only be entitled to win the prize money of their respective registered race category.
- Each runner is allowed only one prize.
- There will be strictly no transfer of prize money between race categories.
- Winners of all categories will be based on their respective GUN TIMES.
- The RaceOrganiserreserves the right to award the prizes according to allocated race categories.
- The winning cash monies will not be presented to the Race Winners on race day. The winning monies will be made via bank transfer to Race Winners within two months after race day.
- Please note that all prize monies are subjected to taxes for foreign athletes.
- All prizes not claimed within two (2) month from the race day will be forfeited and the RaceOrganiserwill be at liberty to redistribute or dispose of them accordingly.
- Prizes must be taken, in the forms as presented by the RaceOrganiser. They are not transferable or exchangeable for cash and are subjected to the R&Rs and/or T&Cs as determined by the RaceOrganiser.
- All appeals regarding the race ranking of Prize Winners must be lodged within 15 minutes after the conclusion of the prize presentation.
- Prizes will not be awarded for the YOMA 3KM Fun Run as it is a non-competitive race.
- The RaceOrganiserreserves the right to replace any winner if he or she is found to be disqualified.
- All Participants who successfully complete the race in his or her chosen race category will be awarded a Finisher’s Medal upon the presentation of his or her race bib to the respective officials.
- A 42.195KM Full Marathon Participant will only be able to collect his or her Finisher’s T-shirt upon successful completion of the run within the stipulated cut-off time on race day. The Finisher’s T-shirt sizes are subject to availability and is on a first come first serve basis.
- All Finisher’s Medals and T-shirts are to be collected on the race day. No requests thereafter will be entertained.
- All Participants who successfully complete the race in his or her chosen race category will be awarded an e-Certificate of Participation. The e-Certificate of Participation will be made available on the official website within a month after the race. This entitlement will not apply to Participants who are unable to complete the race within the stipulated cut-off timings, are disqualified or did not complete the race. * Applicable only to 10km, 21.1km Half marathon and 42.195km Full Marathon participants. The e-Certificate of Participation is not applicable to YOMA 3KM Fun Runparticipentsas it is not a timed race category.
- Upon the completion of a successful registration, there will be no fee refund for a Participant who does not eventually take part in the race, for any reason whatsoever.
- Participants are strictly not allowed to transfer his or her race entry to another party.
- No change of race category is allowed after registration is completed.
- YomaYangon International Marathon 2019 and the Race Organiser shall assume no liability or responsibility for the acts or defaults of the merchant(s) or defects in the goods and services offered in the any of the race’s promotions. Yoma Yangon International Marathon 2019 and the Race Organiser are not an agent of the merchant(s) who are directly or indirectly involved with the race. Any dispute(s) about the quality or service standards must be resolved directly with the respective merchant(s). The merchant(s) may impose conditions for the redemption of the goods or services.
- YomaYangon International Marathon 2019 and the Race Organiser will not be responsible for any injury, loss or damage suffered as a result of the redemption or usage of the goods and services. While the information provided herein is believed to be reliable, Yoma Yangon International Marathon 2019 and the Race Organiser make no representation or warranty whether expressed or implied, and accept no responsibility or reliability for its incompleteness or inaccuracy. Due efforts have been made to verify that all information is correct at the time of publication.
- YomaYangon International Marathon 2019 and the Race Organiser reserves the right to use any photographs, motion pictures, recordings, or any other media recordings of participants (including, but not limited to, those of runners, runners’ supporters, volunteers and partners) of the Yoma Yangon International Marathon 2019, for any legitimate purpose, including commercial advertising. All copyright and intellectual property rights in and to the aforementioned belong to Yoma Yangon International Marathon 2019 and the Race Organiser.